Monday, February 11, 2008

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin

When I first read the description for this book, I didn't think I'd like it. But I loved Elsewhere, Gabrielle Zevin's first book, so I decided to check it out. I was in a Meg Cabot-like book mood at that time, so it sat on my floor for weeks until one night I was so bored I decided to read it. And, boy, was that a mistake, because I couldn't put it down. I should have known that the book would be that good. It wasn't even so much the plot that drew me in, it was the strength of Zevin's writing that made me relate to her characters, understand them, even though I was nothing like them. When I finished the book, I knew that I wasn't in love with the story, but that it was some of the best writing that I had ever read. This book is an amazing example of the Young Adult genre.>

No comments: