Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Deadline By Chris Crutcher.


A lot of times I feel like Chris Crutcher lives my life in his books. Sorry, but not this one. I fortunately do have more than one year to live, I hope. Ben Wolf has a pretty good life, he is headed to state in Cross Country his senior year, and makes pretty good grades. For some reason he never sees himself living longer than High School. Ironically he gets the news from his doctor that he has been diagnosed with a semi-terminal disease, and his chances were about equivalent of a 250 pound lineman beating him in the 2 mile. When, "Little Wolf" as they call him, finds out that he only has 12 months to live he denies treatment and devotes his live to not wasting a single second of the rest of his short life. That is one thing he definitely does not do, Little Wolf ends up going out for the football team and becomes a STUD on special teams. He also meets the girl of his dreams, Dallas Suzuki, which I can totally relate to, except for the part where she asks him to homecoming, that hasn't happened yet for me. If you like this so far, I would definitely recommend that you read Deadline- By Chris Crutcher. ITS GOOD

1 comment:

marshall said...

this was actually posted by me, Marshall, thank you, very much, for your time, I appreciate it.